* Got up at 6:30 so that I could go and see the Buckingham Fountain before we left at 7:45. I walked up through Grant Park, through the Chicago Food Festival, and up to the fountain.
* The place was pretty much deserted and the fountain wasn’t even turned on when I got there which was kind of annoying. Was still pretty nice though.
* After the fountain I headed up the see The Bean (for the third time) when hardly anyone would be there. I took a few more photos then headed back to the hotel to get some breakfast and board the bus. Some of the people from the tour were leaving today so everyone said their goodbyes and we headed out of Chicago. We also got 11 new people for the rest of the tour.
* We drove for about 2 hours until we got to the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Wasn’t too interested in the Museum but it was a good break. We got back on the bus and drove for about 10 minutes before stopping for lunch at the Milwaukee Marketplace where I got a sandwich (which was gross!).
* We got back on the bus and headed to the Millers brewery which is apparently one of the biggest breweries in America. We did a tour of the factory, the brewery and the storage cave then they had free tastings in the beer garden. I found the tour extremely boring. Don’t understand peoples fascination with a drink!
* After the brewery tour we kept driving until we got the Madison, Wisconsin. We played another introduction game on the bus with the new people which helped the time pass. We got to the EconoLodge in Madison (which is just as dodgy as it sounds) at around 5:30 and headed to the rooms before dinner.
* For dinner we went to the Old Town Buffet which was sort of like Sizzlers, American style. Ate quite a bit before we had to leave to do the nightlife drop. People went to a pub, but I headed back to the hotel with a few others. I wandered around the shopping section for a bit, bought a Rolo McFlurry (yum!) then headed back to the hotel to watch Conan and Letterman then went to bed.
Overall today was a pretty bludgy day. Didn’t really like the Harley Davidson Museum or the brewery (which stunk!) so wasn’t really that into it. Pretty cruisy day.